At the recent Internet2 meeting, Greg learned some information about the Big Data Hub project that he wants to share with you.
Here are some highlights from Fen Zhao, NSF Program Director for Big Data Hubs, about the Big Data Hubs solicitation. You can find the complete solicitation at https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2017/nsf17546/nsf17546.htm.
1. No planning awards this time, only small ($100K to $500K) and medium (>$500K to $1M) award categories;
2, All proposals require a Regional Hub Letter of Collaboration from the Regional Hub of the Principal Investigator.
3. Deadline to get hub letter of collaboration is June 19th, 2017, for ALL Regional Hubs–The East and Midwest Hubs have submission through their websites. The other regional hubs may, as well.
4. They program director expects to distribute the $10M in funding roughly equally across the four hubs.
5. The BD Hubs program has received extra funding from other NSF directorates for proposals in the areas of
- Data Intensive Research in the Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences:
- Data-driven Research in Chemistry:
- Data Analytics for Security:
- Replicability and Reproducibility in Data Science