With a pandemic, many people are unable to travel. Many former face-to-face meetings have moved online. Below is a list of some of them.
Center of Excellence Pilot Present Cyberinfrastructure/Cybersecurity Workshop on August 18 and 20.
Open Science Grid (OSG) All-Hands Meeting on August 31 – September 3. Now virtual conference. Details are still being ironed out.
2020 NSF Cybersecurity Summit on September 22-24
Oklahoma Supercomputing Symposium on September 30
Internet2’s TechEXtra 2020 on October 6-7
See website for more information: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2021/nsf21528/nsf21528.htm
Due dates: March 1, 2021 and October 11, 2021
Each program area will support awards pursuant to the following budget and duration:
- Data-Driven Networking Infrastructure for the Campus and Researcher awards will be supported at up to $500,000 total for up to 2 years;
- Regional Connectivity for Small Institutions of Higher Education awards will be supported at up to $1,000,000 total for up to 2 years;
- Network Integration and Applied Innovation awards will be supported at up to $1,000,000 total for up to 2 years [in some cases these awards are limited to $500,000 total—see program area (3) in Section II. Program Description];
- Campus Computing and the Computing Continuum awards will be supported at up to $400,000 total for up to 2 years; and
- Planning Grants and CI-Research Alignment awards will be supported for up to $200,000 total for up to two years.
The University of Oklahoma is in Norman, OK.
See website for more information: https://ou.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=202928
The RC/LSA (Research Computing/Linux System Admin) is
responsible for Research Computing throughout the
Dodge Physics Complex.
This position involves: management of a set of networked
Linux machines; maintaining and adding specialized software
and licenses; specing, ordering, and installing new systems
and new disk subsystems into the network; interacting with
and training of faculty and students; interfacing with both
OU and CAS IT.
From Trusted CI.
Due November 6.
Applications are now open for the 3rd round of Trusted CI Fellows!
You can learn more about our Fellows program by visiting their website..
The deadline for applications is Nov 6th, 2020. Click here to apply for the program.
Trusted CI’s first two cohorts of Fellows have been an amazing success with twelve Fellows from various fields, including:
- Research technologies;
- Criminal justice;
- Network and combinatorial optimization
- and computer engineering.
Trusted CI now pleased to announce the call for applications for our 2021 Trusted CI Fellows. Another cohort of six fellows will receive training from and work closely with Trusted CI to expand their own understanding of trustworthy science and further empower the NSF community to secure its own research.
EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations (RII Track-2 FEC)
See the web page for more information: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2021/nsf21518/nsf21518.htm
Letter of intent due December 18, 2020
Full proposal due January 25, 2021