With a pandemic, many people are unable to travel. Many former face-to-face meetings have moved online. Below is a list of some of them.
Center of Excellence Pilot Present Cyberinfrastructure/Cybersecurity Workshop on August 18 and 20.
Open Science Grid (OSG) All-Hands Meeting on August 31 – September 3. Now virtual conference. Details are still being ironed out.
2020 NSF Cybersecurity Summit on September 22-24
Oklahoma Supercomputing Symposium on September 30
Internet2’s TechEXtra 2020 on October 6-7
See the pdf below for more information about the position and how to apply.
See the website for more information: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/82245
Due January 20, 2021.
Colorado State University is in Ft. Collins, CO.
Colorado State University seeks a highly collaborative, innovative, and enthusiastic candidate for the position of Cyberinfrastructure Facilitator. Reporting to the Infrastructure and Data Center Services Manager, this position will provide research computing expertise at Colorado State University and work with members of the Rocky Mountain Advanced Computing Consortium (RMACC), including the University of Colorado Boulder and the University of Utah to enhance High Performance Computing (HPC) resource usability, assist researchers with compliance with data management requirements, increase the validity of research output, and speed scientific discovery. This position serves as a liaison between researchers and backend infrastructure providers, as well as upper level management to help steer resources used to further research and scientific computing on campus. This position will work in close collaboration with CSU Libraries, especially the data management and curation staff.
See website for more information: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2021/nsf21528/nsf21528.htm
Due dates: March 1, 2021 and October 11, 2021
Each program area will support awards pursuant to the following budget and duration:
- Data-Driven Networking Infrastructure for the Campus and Researcher awards will be supported at up to $500,000 total for up to 2 years;
- Regional Connectivity for Small Institutions of Higher Education awards will be supported at up to $1,000,000 total for up to 2 years;
- Network Integration and Applied Innovation awards will be supported at up to $1,000,000 total for up to 2 years [in some cases these awards are limited to $500,000 total—see program area (3) in Section II. Program Description];
- Campus Computing and the Computing Continuum awards will be supported at up to $400,000 total for up to 2 years; and
- Planning Grants and CI-Research Alignment awards will be supported for up to $200,000 total for up to two years.
The University of Oklahoma is in Norman, OK.
See website for more information: https://ou.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=202928
The RC/LSA (Research Computing/Linux System Admin) is
responsible for Research Computing throughout the
Dodge Physics Complex.
This position involves: management of a set of networked
Linux machines; maintaining and adding specialized software
and licenses; specing, ordering, and installing new systems
and new disk subsystems into the network; interacting with
and training of faculty and students; interfacing with both
OU and CAS IT.