The purpose of the GPN CI Program is, in the short term, to oversee and guide the process of implementing the recommendations of the GPN Cyberinfrastructure Advisory Committee Report (Appendices I & II) and, in the long term, to assure the ongoing vitality of the GPN Cyberinfrastructure program in terms of a portfolio of services that meet member needs.
Organization & Governance
The GPN CI Program Committee is the managing entity of the GPN CI Program, operating with delegated authority from the GPN Executive Council to coordinate the implementation of CI services. Any unresolved dispute between participants in the CI Program will be resolved by the GPN Executive Council.
The CI Program Committee Chair is authorized to make emergency decisions on behalf of the entire CI Committee if a situation develops that does not allow for the entire CI Committee to participate in the decision. In such a situation, the Chair will communicate the issue and decision to the rest of the CI Committee as quickly as possible.
A CI Program Committee Secretary will be appointed from the CI Program Committee membership. The Secretary will be responsible for recording official minutes of the CI Committee. The Secretary will serve on an annual basis through June 30 of the fiscal year of appointment.
- Daniel A Andresen, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Computing and Information Sciences, Kansas State University
- Dana Brunson, Assistant Vice President for Research Cyberinfrastructure; Director, OSU High Performance Computing Center; Adjunct Associate Professor, Mathematics Department; Adjunct Associate Professor, Computer Science Department; Oklahoma State University
- Neal Hodges, System Software Specialist CISSP, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- Kevin Brandt, Manager of University Networking and High Performance Research Computing, South Dakota State University
- Tom Coffin, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Tim Middelkoop, , Ph.D. Director of Research Computing Support Services, Division of IT
Assistant Teaching Professor, Industrial Engineering (IMSE) University of Missouri, Columbia
- Deep Medhi, Curators’ Professor of Computer Science & Electrical Engineering, University of Missouri, Kansas City
- David Swanson, Director of Holland Computing Center, University of Nebraska
- Neil Wineman, Asst Director, Client Services (Information Services)
- David DeFruiter, Director, Information Technology Services, University of Nebraska
- Doug Jennewein and Kyle Gruhn, University of South Dakota
- Dan Voss, Director of Research Computing at University of Kansas
- David Chaffin, University of Arkansas
- Henry Neeman, Assistant VP Information Technology – Research Strategy Advisor
Director, OU Supercomputing Center for Education & Research (OSCER)
Associate Professor, Gallogly College of Engineering
Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Computer Science
The University of Oklahoma
- Gordon Springer, University of Missouri
CI Collaborations Around the Region