This page serves as a repository for the GPN perfsonar mesh. The GPN mesh is located at: https://dashboard.greatplains.net
If you’d like to join our mesh, please fill out the form.
To add your node to the mesh run this command on your node:
psconfig remote add --configure-archives http://dashboard.greatplains.net/psconfig/gpn_psconfig.json
Here is the command for visual output of the testing load on your node.
This shows how busy it is:
pscheduler plot-schedule PT24H > filename.png
Policies and guidelines:
- The current best practice is three throughput tests a day. It takes three consecutive tests for a square in the mesh to turn green. Three tests a day means a transient problem will not show up for more than 24 hours.
- If the throughput tests are causing hardships for your network, it is acceptable to set your limits file to once a day.
- Perfsonar testing conflicts with E-sports, causing latency problems.
- Testing frequency is the biggest problem.
- Occasionally perfsonar testing will cause problems with zoom.
- Perfsonar does not report its own latency testing, creating a problem of who watches the watcher.