South Dakota State University is a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Site
Brookings, South Dakota
High Performance Computing, Summer 2018
Applications due: Wed Feb 28 2018
Program: Tue May 29 – Fri Aug 3 2018 (10 weeks)
$5000 stipend; $1800 meal & travel allowance
On-campus housing available at no charge
Are you interested in an exciting and cutting-edge research experience this summer? This REU site focuses on High Performance Computing and Big Data research and education in STEM disciplines.
We are actively recruiting talented students who have completed one to two years of college and who are majoring in any STEM discipline, including mathematics, statistics, engineering, computational sciences, biological sciences, technology, or a related discipline.
Students who are attending community college or four-year college or university are encouraged to apply!
South Dakota State University faculty members from the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering, the College of Arts and Sciences, and the College of Agricultural and Biological Sciences are excited to provide cutting-edge research experiences for undergraduate students.
This REU (Research Experiences for Undergraduates) program is open to US citizens and permanent residents pursuing a baccalaureate or associate degree in any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Discipline.
REU participants will be engaged in an intensive ten-week program (May 29 – August 3, 2018):
- Computational and Applied Mathematics & Statistics
- Engineering and Technology
- Biological Sciences
- February 28, 2018: Application deadline for full consideration
- March 15, 2018 (approximately): Selected students will be contacted
- April 1, 2018: Selection process is expected to be finalized
- May 29-August 3, 2018: REU Site is in session (10 weeks)
- $5,000 stipend
- $1,800 meal and travel allowance
- Free on-campus housing
You need to prepare:
- Application Form, https://www.sdstate.edu/sites/default/files/2017-11/SDSU-HPC-REU-Application-Form-2018.docx
- Two Reference Forms, https://www.sdstate.edu/sites/default/files/2017-11/SDSU-HPC-REU-Reference-Form-2018.docx
- Your transcript
Please submit your application materials via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please contact:
Dr. Stephen Gent (SDSU HPC REU Program Director)
Dr. Jung-Han Kimn (SDSU HPC REU Associate Program Director)