The University of Wyoming is in Laramie, WY.
Priority applications due July 30.
The Advanced Research Computing Center (ARCC) is looking for a qualified candidate to fill a junior systems administrator position. This position will be responsible for assisting senior system administrators in the maintenance of shared research-based compute & storage resources at UWyo. This position is also responsible for many other services that are supplemental to the core services including gathering usage metrics, user assistance/training, etc.
With all of the conferences that are moving online, I want to call your attention to one in particular: PEARC20. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about a variety of topics for only $100, including any tutorials or workshops. Students attend for only $50, including any tutorials or workshops.
The Great Plains Network CyberTeam (NSF Grant #1925681) is offering to cover the entire cost of registration to help develop expertise around the region. To apply please email email@example.com and indicate why you would like to participate in PEARC20 and how it would benefit you.
Practice & Experience in Advanced Research Computing (PEARC) is focused on the research computing environment and many of the tutorials still reflect that:
- An Introduction to Advanced Features in MPI, Open OnDemand, XDMoD, and ColdFront: an HPC center management toolset
- Empowering Research Computing at Your Campus Through the Open Science Grid.
- Easy Deployment of Edge Services for the ScienceDMZ with SLATE
In recent years they have expanded their scope to include additional researcher engagement focus:
- Deep Dive into Constructing Containers for Scientific Computing and Gateways
Software of interest beyond research computing:
- Python 201: Building Better Scientific Software in Python
- The Streetwise Guide to Jupyter Security
and collaboration with other communities:
- Supporting Computational and Data-intensive Research through Research Computing and Library Collaboration
- The Important Role People Play in Advancing the Use of Cloud Cyberinfrastructure in Research
University of Iowa is in Iowa City, IA.
See website for more information: https://uiowa.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/systems-analyst-8123
Information Technology Services Research Services, a service organization that provides technology support for the University of Iowa campus, is seeking a Systems Analyst to join its Advanced Computing Systems Team (ACST) to support High Performance Computing under the direction of the Associate Director of Research Services.
The University of Montana is in Missoula, MT
Priority applications due July 5, 2020.