See https://crc.ku.edu/news/new-director-for-ku-center-for-research-computing for more information.
Effective Nov. 1, Hoang Tran will be director of KU’s Center for Research Computing.
See their website for job description and qualifications.
Responsibilities include leading and planning of high performance systems. Conducting advanced Cyberinfrastructure (CI) engineering duties, such as, developing new CI solutions to keep up with the pace of complex research problems while monitoring to maintain the integrity of the systems. Lead cross-functional technical teams and projects along side of research programs. Capable of leading multiple technical projects simultaneously.
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- Four to eight years experience as a software engineer
- Position may require weekend or evening hours and being on call.
It’s here! The 2020 NSF Campus Cyberinfrastructure (CC*) is up.
Full Proposal Deadline: January 21, 2020
EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations (RII Track-2 FEC)
For more information see the NSF website: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2020/nsf20504/nsf20504.htm?WT.mc_id=USNSF_25&WT.mc_ev=click
The following EPSCoR jurisdictions are RII-eligible for the FY 2020 RII Track-2 FEC competition: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and South Dakota.
- There is a limit of a single proposal from each submitting organization.
- Each proposal must have at least one collaborator from an academic institution or organization in a different RII-eligible EPSCoR jurisdiction as a co-Principal Investigator (co-PI) and must promote collaborations among researchers in EPSCoR jurisdictions.
Letter of Intent Due Date: December 20, 2019
Full Proposal Deadline: January 24, 2020