With all of the conferences that are moving online, I want to call your attention to one in particular: PEARC20. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about a variety of topics for only $100, including any tutorials or workshops. Students attend for only $50, including any tutorials or workshops.
The Great Plains Network CyberTeam (NSF Grant #1925681) is offering to cover the entire cost of registration to help develop expertise around the region. To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate why you would like to participate in PEARC20 and how it would benefit you.
Practice & Experience in Advanced Research Computing (PEARC) is focused on the research computing environment and many of the tutorials still reflect that:
- An Introduction to Advanced Features in MPI, Open OnDemand, XDMoD, and ColdFront: an HPC center management toolset
- Empowering Research Computing at Your Campus Through the Open Science Grid.
- Easy Deployment of Edge Services for the ScienceDMZ with SLATE
In recent years they have expanded their scope to include additional researcher engagement focus:
- Deep Dive into Constructing Containers for Scientific Computing and Gateways
Software of interest beyond research computing:
- Python 201: Building Better Scientific Software in Python
- The Streetwise Guide to Jupyter Security
and collaboration with other communities:
- Supporting Computational and Data-intensive Research through Research Computing and Library Collaboration
- The Important Role People Play in Advancing the Use of Cloud Cyberinfrastructure in Research