Workshop on perfSONAR’s pScheduler API
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
pScheduler’s core has an API used by its command-line tools, meshconfig and regular testing to schedule measurements, retrieve the results and monitor its work schedule. This API can be used externally to do the same things, making perfSONAR useful as a building block for other systems that need to make measurements.
On Tuesday, September 19 at 1:00 p.m. EDT, the development team will lead a workshop on the use of pScheduler API in your own software. Topics will include:
- Basic concepts
- Enumerating installed plugins
- Generating tasks
- The task lifecycle
- Retrieving and formatting the results
- Examination of the schedule
- A dissection of the demo program included in the pScheduler source
The material presented will assume familiarity with the following:
- perfSONAR in general
- Use of the pScheduler command-line interface, specifically the “task” command
- REpresentational State Transfer (REST)
- Python (not required, but some examples written in Python will be covered)
Date and time: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. EDT
Connecting directly from a room system?
1) Dial: 18.104.22.168 or bjn.vc
2) Enter Meeting ID: 793548107
Just want to dial in on your phone?