The NSF announced the EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program Track-1: (RII Track-1) grant.
More information: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2018/nsf18558/nsf18558.htm
Letter of Intent Due Date: July 03, 2018
Full Proposal Deadline: July 31, 2018
- A letter of Intent (LOI) is required to compete in the RII Track-1 competition. LOIs must be submitted by the Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) of the submitting organization via FastLane on or before the LOI due date.
- Only eligible EPSCoR jurisdictions (see RII eligibility) with current RII Track-1 awards that expire before October 1, 2019 and those without a current RII Track-1 award may compete in the FY 2019 RII Track-1 competition.
- RII Track-1 proposals may request up to $20 million total for 5 years.
- Funding requests must be for a duration of 5 years.
- There is no restriction on the amount requested annually, but the total budget request may not exceed $20 million.
Research Infrastructure Improvement Track-1 (RII Track-1) awards provide up to $20 million total for 5 years to support improvements to physical and cyber infrastructure and human capital development in research areas selected by the jurisdiction’s EPSCoR steering committee as having the best potential to improve future R&D competitiveness of the jurisdiction. The research activities of the project must align with the specific research priorities identified in the approved Science and Technology (S&T) Plan of the jurisdiction. Refer to sections II and IV.A of this solicitation for more information on alignment of the research activities of the project with the STEM research priorities of the S&T Plan.