Call for posters for the 15th Annual Oklahoma Supercomputing Symposium, September 20, 2016.
(Poster session Sept 20, sessions Sept 21.)
Posters provide an excellent opportunity for short presentations and informal discussions with conference attendees. Symposium posters display innovations or interesting research in high performance computing, storage, networking, visualizations and\or analytics. Posters will be prominently displayed for the duration of the conference, giving presenters a chance to showcase their latest results and innovations. Poster authors will be available to answer questions about their work at the Research Poster Reception on Tuesday evening, September 20th. Two posters will be selected to receive the Best Poster award in the Graduate and Undergraduate\Secondary Education categories.
Audience of the symposium: a gathering of students (graduate and undergraduates), faculty, scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, programmers, system administrators and developers
Objectives of the symposium:
- Learn of HPC technologies that will shape the future of large-scale computing and data-driven science.
- Develop connections with HPC professionals, field organizations, and vendors.
- Explore discipline-specific Big Data applications.
- Improve design, installation, implementation, management, and end-of-life issues related HPC hardware and software.
- Explore HPC careers and expertise ladders.
- Understand related HPC topics including funding and research support.
The deadline for posters proposals is August 22, 2016. Proposals received after this date may be considered if there is still available space for participation. Please email the information below to Veronica.H.Mcgowanemail@example.com:
1. Title of poster session.
2. Author’s or Authors’ name(s).
3. Employer or affiliated institution.
4. Contact information for author, including phone number, fax number, email, and mailing address (if there is more than one author, choose one person to be the contact).
5. Abstract of no more than 100 words.
6. A one or two word subject description.