South Dakota State University in Brookings, SD is hiring a Cyberinfrastructure Engineer Specialist: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu/postings/13812
• Assess collaborative institutional research needs, developing a comprehensive plan for sustainable cyber infrastructure.
• Explore, identify, and develop the rationale for structural infrastructure changes through strong business cases to enhance the outcomes of the current and future body of research.
• Grant writing and/or collaboration with others to maximize Division resources to support the university mission.
• Serve as a technical contact for sponsored research projects that require HPC, Storage, and networking services.
• Four year College Degree by start date;
• At least one year of experience in networking;
• Grant writing or outreach in the form of training and working with colleagues at other higher education institutions;
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, and related standard networking protocols;
• Knowledge of IP routing protocols;
• Experience with cloud-based technologies, including network virtualization, network overlay, Software Defined Networking, and Network Function Virtualization;
• Familiarity with Firewalls, VPNs, IDSs and other network security technologies;
• Familiarity with the configuration of commercial IP routers and Ethernet switches;
• Linux kernel/module development experience;
• Knowledge of C, C++, Java, Python, and/or Perl;
• Familiarity with various commercial and open-source network testing tools;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work as a contributing team member;
• Demonstrated use of technology in managing and/or delivering educational programs;
• Demonstrated ability or potential to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate educational materials and direct effective programs;
• Valid driver’s license, or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire, and willingness to travel.