Program Coordinator High Performance Computing Center
Req ID: req1038
Req ID: req1038
Position Title: Program Coordinator High Performance Computing Center
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Position Number: 534945
OSU Campus: Stillwater
Department: VP FOR RESEARCH
Hiring Supervisor: Jason Pogue
Hiring Range: (Contingent upon available funding): 2,800.00 – 4,020.00, Salary
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Additional hours may be required due to deadlines and workload
Faculty Appt Period:
The Program Coordinator for the OSU High Performance Computing Center (OSUHPCC) will be broadly available to the computational research community for current and evolving needs.
He or she will work with undergraduates, graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, faculty, research staff members, and
the Information Technology community across the OSU A&M system to coordinate research computing resources.
This person will coordinate a variety of education, outreach, training activities and facilitate communications among the
The Program Coordinator performs planning, personnel resourcing, tracking and reporting for research computing projects.
This person will participate in establishing goals and timelines, and ensure that staff and resources are directed efficiently
toward achieving these goals.
The position reports to the Director of the High Performance Computing Center, and falls under the office of the Vice President
for Research and Technology Transfer.
Due to communication expectations of the position, the incumbent will be required to maintain cellular or other electronic
Special Instructions to Applicants
A resume, cover letter, list of references and transcripts are required to complete the application process.
Transcripts may be scanned and attached or mailed to:
Jason Pogue, Program Coordinator Search
Stillwater, OK 74074
Education & Experience
Position Qualifications: Required: Bachelor’s degree.
One year of experience.
Qualifications in addition to those necessary to complete the
essential functions described below.
1. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
2. Experience with technical user support
3. Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
4. Ability to excel in a demanding, outcome oriented and dynamic work environment
5. Ability to work with a highly diverse staff, faculty and student body
6. Superior analytical/critical thinking and problem solving skills
7. Familiarity with the use and administration of technology in higher education
8. Ability to produce strategic documents, and timely critical analyses
9. Excellent attention to detail
10. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
11. Experience with online organizing and technology
12. Proficiency with common office software and online document sharing, calendaring and email.
Five or more years of relevant professional experience.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers
To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification.
Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.