GPN is the result of a large-scale collaboration among institutions in seven states to create a high performance network in support of research and education. As a result of that collaboration, GPN is dedicated to facilitating additional large-scale, multi-institutional collaborations.
The purpose of the GPN Research Advisory Board is to communicate with chief research officers at member institutions to
- Inform them of opportunities to leverage investments in advanced cyberinfrastructure for research,
- Keep the GPN community informed of campus, state and regional research initiatives,
- Increase the number, scope of participation and quality of large-scale, multi-institution research collaborations, grant proposals and funding to GPN member universities,
- Form strategic partnerships with other organizations that support domain expertise.
As needed, the GPN director for research will consult with members of the Research Advisory Board to
- Set priorities for collaborative research initiatives,
- Identify collaborative research participants,
- Review existing research programs for effectiveness,
- Identify promising new areas for research collaboration,
- Recommend changes to existing research and education programs and reviews progress.
The Board is composed of a chief research officers from each regular or affiliate member of GPN as well as the EPSCoR project director from each EPSCoR state with a GPN member.
The GPN Director for Research will keep the GPN Research Advisory Board updated on matters pertaining to research endeavors (see Mission/Goals and Responsibilities, above) and seek input from them via email. Phone meetings will be held on an as needed basis.